Technical Consultant/Architect - UK
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
We are Acquia and We are building for the future of the web.
Acquia is looking for Technical Consultants and Architects who have a passion for delivering killer web experiences and wowing their customers.
You get to guide Acquia customers and lead technical teams of some of the best talent in the Drupal and web development communities (from both Acquia and from our top-notch partners around the world). You will help government, academic institutions, and large and small businesses to make the most of the power of Drupal and open source.
Acquia’s team of enterprise Drupalists are helping our customers build killer web experiences, migrate to Drupal, tune and improve their Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. With the rapid adoption of Drupal as a web platform, our Technical Consultants are in high demand. They work with some of the most talented technologists and some of the hottest web properties on leading edge web development projects. Engagements vary by customer and can include anything from custom coding and mentoring to general consulting and guidance on architecture. They can focus in specific areas like performance and security optimization engagements for internal and external clients.
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- Systemic Thinking - Development of a solution/system architecture that takes into account the full set of technical influencers.
- Experience with performance and security optimization and a solid understanding of what are common issues on different layers of Drupal solutions.
- PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux or Windows server administration is key
- Long-time Drupalists are well rewarded, but we’ll also help great developers and consultants become one
- Experience providing technical support or consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred