Senior Front-End Engineer
We're looking for a developer to help us create the ultimate Drupal distribution for both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 that captures best practices and features/functionality optimized for enterprise site development. The "https://www.drupal.org/project/lightning" Lightning distribution is free open source/GPL software on Drupal.org, which will be used as a platform by our professional services group, pre-sales group, and implementation partners for further customization.
The intent is for Lightning to provide a unified approach to site building and eliminate tedious configuration for "table stakes" end-user functionality such as customizable layouts, commerce, multilingual, media, and content authoring, as well as ensuring configuration that affects performance, scalability, and security is set up correctly out-of-the-box. This allows our various teams to stay focused on the cool stuff that's unique to the site / demo they're creating.
Sites from the biggest brands in the world, to the sub shop around the corner will use the tools and interfaces you build to manage their sites. Every tweak and improvement you make will alter the way that thousands of users get Drupal sites out into the world.
- Work under the direction of the Lightning product manager to fix bugs, pre-configure settings, and add new features/functionality, both within the distribution, in contributed projects, and in core.
- Experience with building large scale web applications.
- Experience building cross-browser compliant applications with graceful degradation.
- Work closely with developers, site builders, and sales team members to diagnose front-end issues and polish them to a gleaming shine.
- Deep understanding of web standards and best practices (HTML5/CSS3)
- Ability to write highly performant, accessible front-end code
- Excellent usability/information architecture knowledge
- Experience with "headless Drupal" installations, creating custom JS front-ends or mobile applications.
- Experience with Behat testing.
- Passionate about user experience and interface design
- Experience working with Open Source developer communities
- Strong attention to detail, astute diagnostic skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve issues with clear methods while knowing when to take intuitive leaps
- Strategic and forward planning thought process
- Ability to partner with internal/external key stakeholders and negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes
- A passion for the web, open source development and for helping Acquia to continue to build a hot and growing global start-up
- Proven Drupal enterprise-level site-building experience, particularly in the areas of performance, security, and reliability.
- Built and maintained modules in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8.
- Ability to create quick prototypes to test out UX concepts
- Knowledge of Drupal's enterprise competitors, such as Adobe CQ5 and Sitecore.