Features used by 80% of social sites
You might have seen our plans for Drupal Gardens which will be a way to build a Drupal site very quickly. While you'll be able to build any kind of site you need on Drupal Gardens, we're spending a lot of time to make sure that we make it easy for people to build very social sites to promote campaigns, events, products, and businesses. And by social, we mean a site that encourages people to participate and that leverages other social networks.
We'll include a set of social features that most all sites need when we launch:
- User profiles
- Ability for people to get notified when comments are made on a blog post or other content
- Share this links to encourage visitors to tweet about posts on the site or to share with people in their social networks
- Follow us links to encourage site visitors to follow the site on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other networks
- Mailing list sign-up to let visitors join an email list
- Automatic or manual posts to Twitter, Facebook, or other networks when new content is published on the Gardens site
And we'll continue to add more social features over time, such as showing activity streams from Twitter and other services on your Drupal Gardens site.
What social features do you use? What works, what doesn't? Let us know. Thanks