Drupal Gardens adds SSL, RTL language support, streamlined block editing and more
by Chris Brookins
This sprint the Drupal Gardens team worked on several areas of polish including internationalization, security, multi-image handling, performance and general UX. We hope you like the changes and additions outlined below:
- Updated all sites to the official Drupal 7.0 release. Thanks again to everyone who made it possible!
- Updated the majority Drupal Gardens contrib modules.
- You can now delete multiple gallery images at the same time. Select the "Edit media" tab and then check "Remove from gallery" under each image you want to remove.
- Secured the Drupal Gardens login process with SSL to ensure your account credentials are not compromised.
- Drupal Gardens themes now support RTL (right to left) languages such as Hebrew and Arabic.
- You can now add webforms to any content type, e.g., a survey could be added to the bottom of a gallery to record visitor's reactions to the pictures in the gallery. To enable webforms for any content type, select Configuration > Webform settings, and check any content type listed under "Webform-enabled content types"; then click "Save Configuration." Now when creating or editing any content of that type, e.g., a gallery, you can drag and drop to create a custom webform to be displayed under your content.
- Improved Drupal Gardens performance in many areas, especially loading the ThemeBuilder and when publishing or saving a theme.
- Made it easier to find and edit blocks on your site in several ways. First, hovering over any block on your site will now highlight the block with an outline. Second, the "gear" used to display the menu has moved to the left-side of all blocks so it is easier to find. Lastly, the gear's menu is displayed whenever you hover over the gear instead of only after clicking.