Dries Buytaert talks Drupal 8 and the Future of the Web
Recently we announced Drupal 8 availability on the Acquia Platform. We had customers ready and waiting for the latest Drupal release, and it seemed time for our company to take the leap. Drupal 8 offers a plethora of improvements and new capabilities, all aimed at developing and supporting the best digital experiences around. But what exactly does Drupal 8 readiness mean to you?
To answer this question, we went straight to the source. Dries Buytaert, chief technology officer at Acquia, and the founder of Drupal, sat down with Angie Byron, Wim Leers, and Alex Bronstein for a “Drupal 8 Coffee Date” to answer some pressing questions about all that D8 has to offer. They discussed several different questions, including:
- What’s new in Drupal 8?
- What Drupal 8 features are Dries, Angie, Wim, and Alex most excited about?
- Can you speak to the competitive advantage of the administrative experience?
- What do you think the release means for our growth as an organization and how would you recommend we capitalize on that opportunity?
- Are there scenarios where you would recommend Drupal 8 to a client new to Drupal using another CMS platform?
- What are the customer benefits of redeveloping scenes over Twig?
- When you look at Adobe CQ5 as well Sitecore, how does Drupal 8 differentiate?
- Drupal already has a pretty substantial barrier to entry for devs. Do you expect this to increase with the release of Drupal 8?
Click here to view the transcript from this webinar, or scroll down to watch.