Munich to Host DrupalCon 2012, One of the World’s Largest Web Developer Conferences [July 10, 2012]
London, UK– July 10, 2012 – Acquia, the enterprise guide to Drupal, is pleased to announce it will be a Diamond sponsor at DrupalCon, the official and largest European gathering of Drupal developers and users, which will be held in Munich, August 20-24, 2012.
Under the motto of "Open up! Connecting Systems and People," over 1,800 web developers, designers and users will meet for the annual European DrupalCon event to talk about Drupal, the popular customer engagement platform that blends content, community and commerce.
With 17,000 developers contributing to Drupal and more than 800,000 registered Drupal community members, it is the largest open source community in the world. The Drupal platform is used to quickly assemble innovative web experiences for organisations of all shapes and sizes. It is also uniquely designed to handle the complex requirements and performance needs of large-scale enterprise systems. Examples of leading Drupal sites include the NYSE Euronext (New York Stock Exchange), Warner Music Group, Mercedes-Benz, the European Commission and Radio France.
Some of the most influential and creative members of the Drupal Community will be discussing topics in 78 sessions and panels. Members of Acquia’s engineering, professional services, support and marketing teams will participate in more than a dozen sessions, highlighting customer examples and providing instructional sessions for attendees.
The conference will include the following highlights:
- Keynote speech by Dries Buytaert, Drupal’s founder and Project Lead. Dries will hold his traditional "Driesnote" speech, providing his outlook on the future of the Drupal project.
- Two major keynote speeches by Anke Domscheit-Berg and Fabien Potencier. Anke Domscheit-Berg, the German entrepreneur and honorary member of the supervisory board of Teach First Germany, will advocate open government and better opportunities for women directors and managers. Fabien Potencier is founder and project leader of Symfony, the open source PHP web framework.
- Core Conventions: Where developers meet to discuss and plan Drupal’s future technical direction.
- Drupal Training Courses: Eight one-day training courses will be led by worldwide acknowledged specialists, and cover topics including security, responsive web design and eCommerce.
- Business Summit: The focus will be on the practical use of Drupal at the event on August 23rd. Partners and customers will be speaking about the advantages Drupal gives them, and showing real-word examples of their successes using Drupal.
- Acquia will also be hosting a Customer Appreciation Event and a Partner Day during DrupalCon. Both events will provide customers and partners the opportunity to meet with the Acquia team, hear about new products and explore examples of best practices.
For a full list of Acquia’s sessions and schedules, please go to https://www.acquia.com/resources/events/drupalcon-munich. For the latest information on Acquia announcements, events and contests at DrupalCon, visit Acquia at stand #P5.
For information about DrupalCon and how to register visit: http://munich2012.drupal.org
About Acquia™, the enterprise guide to Drupal
Acquia empowers enterprises with the open-source social publishing system Drupal. Co-founded by Drupal’s creator in 2007, Acquia helps customers manage their growth and scale their online properties with confidence. Acquia’s products, cloud infrastructure, and support enable companies to realize the full power of Drupal while minimizing risk, as it’s done for nearly 2,000 enterprise customers including Twitter, Warner Music Group, Turner Sports, World Economic Forum, Stanford University, Mercedes-Benz and NPR. See who’s using Drupal at http://www.drupalshowcase.com, and for more information please visit www.acquia.com or call +44 (0)1865 520010