A Development Springboard: Using Drupal Distributions
Learn about the latest distributions for Drupal 7 and find out how you can get started on your next project quickly. A Drupal distribution is built specifically to solve one problem: organize a community, provide a government service, build a publishing platform.
Distributions include selected modules, sample content and example themes. They are configured to provide solutions for specific needs. (Whereas Drupal 7, right out of the box is a blank slate, with no specific use case imposed directly) These distributions give you a better idea of how you can get out of the gates with Drupal.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- About the distributions are available
- How to install and test distributions on Acquia Cloud Free
- The approaches to distribution development
- How to springboard development with a distribution
- The challenges in using or developing with a distribution