Expanding your business into new International markets is an attractive growth strategy employed by many thriving companies. However, maintaining multi-lingual websites can be a major challenge in today’s world of constant content creation. The initial translation can be done using traditional translation techniques such as employing a Language Service Provider (LSP), but using that method for ongoing content additions is too costly and time consuming. Costly, because LSPs charge higher rates for smaller fragmented jobs and time consuming because the typical translation turn-around time is measured in weeks. Consequently news and updates are constantly delayed and un-timely. Studies show that 15-25% of the content of the average website is added or changed annually and that doesn’t account for sites with forums, community portals, news sections and blogs that are updated on a daily basis.
The fact is, with traditional translation methods, there’s simply no way to keep up with today’s continuously updated, socially-driven websites. Dynamic content needs dynamic translation! Watch a customer presentation.
Fortunately, Lingotek has developed a Drupal Inside integration to connect to the Collaborative Translation Platform. Using these tools you can now allow LSPs other participants to translate content directly in its native environment -- on your website! This provides a time and cost savings in itself, but even more powerful is the ability to engage any interested parties in the translation process be it bi-lingual employees, partners, or even customers. Watch a Lingotek + Drupal Demo.
Lingotek | The Translation Network gives enterprise business customers new ways to engage their global communities by providing trusted, rapid translations from machines and humans. Acquia Network customers enjoy two free concurrent users for 12 months ($3,600 value).
The Massive Benefits of Integrated, Collaborative Translation
Translating web content using this integrated, collaborative tool isn’t just superior to the old model of translation, it’s the only way to keep up. Here are some of the massive benefits:
- Cost Savings - You can largely avoid the cost of having professional translators work on small but expensive jobs by having your community do the translations. If you still want professionals involved, have them just do a final review of the community translations at a much lower cost.
- Faster Translation Times - A strong community can identify new content and have it translated the same day with the right tools and access. In fact, your community can self-select the most important content and translate it first. Even if you still use professional translators you will see a substantial speed increase.
- Higher Quality - It may seem counter-intuitive to think that a community of non-professional translators would produce higher-quality translations, but it’s true. One study showed that computer-aided community translations were indistinguishable from professional translations and sometimes even superior since the community had a more topic-specific knowledge of the language. Subject matter expertise is important!
- Real-time Monitoring - Know down to the sentence what has been translated and how much remains. The days of emailing a word document into a black hole and waiting for it to come back translated with no indication of ongoing progress are gone.
- Eliminate the Copy/Paste Method of Translating - Copying and Pasting content into emails or documents is messy and confusing. Multiple versions of documents creates errors and lag in your project. Translating content directly in its native environment facilitates a smooth flow and fast turn-around.
- Increased Involvement and Loyalty - By engaging your bi-lingual employees, customers and partners in the translation process you can actually increase their loyalty and sense of community. Offering incentives or awards for their contribution can help them feel the value of contributing and make them feel a part of something great.
Lingotek | The Translation Network gives enterprise business customers new ways to engage their global communities by providing trusted, rapid translations to expand and grow business in a cost effective way. Its exclusive web-based Collaborative Translation Platform™ represents the next step in the evolution of translation through technology and community involvement. Today, global organizations, intelligence agencies and government entities use the platform, saving time and resources on projects ranging from a few pages to several volumes. Lingotek also offers professional translation services for companies. The company is based in Draper, Utah and is funded by Signal Peak Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Flywheel Ventures.