Established in 1997, Urban Insight is an experienced and creative technology consulting firm based in Los Angeles, CA. We plan, build and operate successful websites for clients across the country. We have a long history of advocating and using open source software for our clients. An early adopter of Drupal, we have been building Drupal websites since 2004 for a wide range of clients including universities, non-profits, professional organizations, and government agencies.
- American Library Association
- California Emerging Technology Fund
- California Endowment Health Journalism Foundation
- City of Los Angeles, California
- City of Tulsa, Oklahoma
- East Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Form-Based Codes Institute
- Louisiana Recovery Authority
- National Technology Assistance Project
- Screen Actors Guild Foundation
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Southern California
We provide complete Drupal consulting services for mid-size to large organizations including:
- Strategic planning and needs assessment
- Information architecture, accessibility, & usability
- Graphic design & theming
- Custom module development
- Search engine optimization
- Corporate Drupal training
Our experienced team has contributed modules such as Cite, Userone, Report, OG hide membership, Textmarks API Integration, and Droptor. We have also worked on integrating Drupal with iMIS and video hosting in Drupal. We have also been a strong advocate for Drupal in the non-profit, urban planning, education, and legal aid communities.
We built and maintain the Drupal for Legal Aid Websites (DLAW) distribution, a content management platform used by a quarter of the nation's legal aid organizations. We created and operate OpenAdvocate, a complete Drupal-based hosted solution for building public information websites. In collaboration with the University of Southern California, we are developing the Annenberg Social News Platform, a distribution of Drupal designed for powerful modern journalism websites. We are also the technical and editorial team behind the world's most popular urban planning website, Planetizen.
Urban Insight is a Drupal Association Member and an Acquia Enterprise Partner. In 2005, we donated to improve Drupal's hardware and hosting infrastructure.