The Open Magazine is a new current affairs/entertainment weekly magazine available on magazine stands in India. The magazine was launched in the first quarter of 2009.
The publisher of Open Magazine, Open Media Pvt. Ltd. wanted a web presence for its magazine. It selected Srijan Technologies, a content management specialist company based out of New Delhi, India to construct the website. Srijan's responsibility was to build the website from scratch and host it. Site design was done by Itu Chaudhuri Design.
Srijan Technologies used Drupal 6. Development took place over a period of approximately 4 months and the Open website was released to the public in July 2009.
Key features of the website
- A visually appealing website with a lot of custom theming
- An eMag feature which exactly reproduces the magazine on the web (third party Flash integration)
- Advanced Search features using the Apache Solr search engine
- Integration with ICICI bank's payment gateway for online subscription to the magazine
- Incorporates rich multimedia content (slideshows, videos and images)