Greenopolis - Waste Management
Greenopolis.com is Waste Management's "green," Social Network and educational community that brings together individuals, communities, organizations and corporations to make positive environmental changes in their daily lives and communities. TOriginally launched by CommonPlaces in 2008, the Website featured:
- Advanced Social Networking features including organic groups, Blogs, polls, forums, events, product reviews and user rating and commenting systems.
- Full integration with Brightcove CDN - Content Delivery Network, including user generated video.
- Points & Rewards: Member points earned through site activities and a unique "quality score" algorithm. With points, members would earn new "badges" (and user roles) displaying their progress toward a more sustainable lifestyle and unlocking new features and content.
- Synchronization with Loyalty Lab member rewards program enabling members to redeem points earned for online and offline awards
- Tracking application based on the "Greener Living Handbook" where members could track offline carbon reduction personally, and aggregate their total reduction by groups, states, and countries. Leader boards and visual activity tracking promoted friendly competition between teams.
- Original site also featured Syndication, API integration, and custom modules to provide aggregated News Feeds, Localized Green Product Directories, A Materials Swap Application, Reviews of Green Games, Rich Media Sustainability Resources, and vast amounts of User Generated content.
- Mini-Sites and Partner Pages for Sustainability Partners of WM.
- Online engine for points and rewards program for redemption of plastics through Kiosks located at Whole Foods Markets.
Greenopolis has won numerous awards for design and innovation, including a 2008 WebAward for Oustanding Achievement in Website Development, and First Runner Up for the Drupal Design of the Year Award at DrupalCon Boston 2008.The site continues to be unique resource for Sustainability news and education and is ranked within the top 20,000 sites on the Internet.
Whether you need a site the scale of the original Greenopolis.com, or a smaller set of features, CommonPlaces has the knowledge and experience to get your site launched quickly - the first time.