Gábor Hojtsy: A Whole New World for Multilingual Sites in Drupal 8
More than 800 (yes, eight hundred) people participated in the issues around improving multilingual features and APIs in Drupal 8 for the past two and a half years. Almost 500 issues have been resolved in this initiative as of this submission making Drupal 8 a truly outstanding release for everybody looking to create even single language non-English sites but especially those making multilingual sites. This session aims to show you around all the great improvements and give tips as to how to best utilize the new solutions.
Presenter Dossier: Gábor Hojtsy
- Drupal 6 Lead, Drupal 8 Multilingual Initiative Lead, Acquia OCTO (Acquia "Office of the CTO")
- Drupal.org profile: gábor-hojtsy
- Website: http://hojtsy.hu "A personal Drupal resource site"
- Twitter: gaborhojtsy
- 1st Drupal memory: 2003. Migrated Hungarian developer community website from PHPNuke to Drupal; began filing and solving language issues against Drupal.
- 1st version of Drupal: 4.3
- Favorite Drupal module: Localization update (it's now in Drupal 8 core!)
- Coolest thing built or done with Drupal: Co-organized DrupalCon Szeged 2008 with Kristof van Tomme, aka "DrupalTown" :-)