Today we held Part 3 of our Drupal for Project Manager's course with Amye Scarvada @amye. We focused entirely on issues around launching. This is the project manager's opportunity to stave off any potential disasters at the point of going live. It's the project manager who can check that all considerations have been made, and even in some cases plan and test for rollback... *just* in case something goes pear-shaped.
(recording and presentation coming soon!)
Join next week for Part 4: Maintenance with Jenn Sramek (sign up)!
Resource for Part 4: Launch
Many of the resources here are developer focused, but as Amye pointed out the in session, knowing more about these topics can help you communicate better with your developer team and your clients. Knowing the issues around hosting environments and development workflow is important for project managers. In their role, they bridge between the client's business requirements and the developer's implementation limitations and considerations.
- Features modules http://drupal.org/project/features
- Deployment http://drupal.org/project/deploy
- Strongarm http://drupal.org/project/strongarm
Site launch checlists
- Acquia Instant Insight (no membership required)
- Site launch check lists by Zivtech, Microserve, Paul Booker.