Michael J. Skok
Michael Skok joined North Bridge Venture Partners as a GP in 2002. Prior to becoming a VC, Michael was an entrepreneur and CEO in the software business for 21 years. Michael recruited teams that attracted over $100m in private equity for investments in software companies ranging from CAD/CAM, Document Management, Workflow, Imaging and Collaboration to Security and spanning the Mini, Workstation, PC, Client Server and Internet eras.
In his last CEO role he co-founded AlphaBlox whose team defined the market for Analytical Applications, now a multi-billion dollar market. After building a trusted brand with a loyal customer base among leading global 1000 companies, AlphaBlox was acquired by IBM.
Earlier, Michael co-founded European Software Publishing (ESP) which pioneered the off balance sheet model for building software companies in Europe. Thanks to a strong management team, 4 of these publishers were acquired by Siebel, Platinum, Filenet and Banyan and two went Public. This included the team that built Symantec UK into one of Symantec's most profitable international businesses while managing many acquisitions through to Symantec's IPO and enduring industry status.
Michael has served on numerous boards and supported various industry groups like the Software Publishers association where he was Chairman for a number of years in Europe. He is active on the boards of all recent investments including:
- Acquia (Drupal Open Source and Cloud Services)
- Active Endpoints (BPMS and SaaS/Cloud Integration)
- Actifio (Unified data management through virtualisation)
- Akiban (newSQL scale out database for SaaS/Cloud)
- Apperian (Mobile Applications / Management from the Cloud)
- Demandware (eCommerce, Marketing & Merchandising on Demand)
- rPath (DevOps platform for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Application Lifecycle)
- REvolution Analytics ('R' Open Source Predictive Analytics)
- Unidesk (Desktop Virtualisation Management)