Ajouter un commentaire
Here are notes from the 2nd class in our Views mini-course.
- Watch the recording Views Mini-Course, Part II: Creating Flexible Views with Drupal 7.
- Review the notes and recording from last week.
- Sign up to Views Mini-Course, Part III: How to back up your Views safely. May 15th.
In today's class we will look at the Views UI in detail. I'll show you how to create flexible views. You'll see, for example, how to add a list of content by a user and have it appear on the user's profile page using a contextual filter like this:
We'll talk about and demo:
- Best practices for Views formatting and display.
- How to use filters and expose filters
- Using attachments (touched on last week when we spoke about displays).
- Using relationships to get data from other tables
- Adding contextual filters
- Adding links to menus
- Adding messages when no results are available
- Restricting access to views
- Creating administrative views
This week's assignment
Last week you made a view, right? This week challenge yourself to try:
- Add a display with an attachment
- Make a contextual filter or use a relationship
- Add a link to your menu
Need some help? Watch tutorials 4 parts, 5 mins each! http://www.drupalgardens.com/content/new-views-tutorials-4-part-intro
Prerequisite: Introduction to Drupal - a free course offer for newsletter subscribers!
Sign up to our Acquia Training newsletter, and next week, I'll be sending out a free link to our Introduction to Drupal course on Udemy for all subscribers. This 3 hour self-paced course will get you up to speed with Drupal.