Ajouter un commentaire
I'm delighted to announce that I'm getting my own show at Acquia! *doing tap dance with jazz hands* OK, not a show, more like a virtual classroom! Each Wednesday, I'll be talking you through tutorials to learn Drupal. These will be recorded of course, but please do sign up to the live classes to get your questions answered. First class on Views: sign up here!
I'll be grouping the classes into "mini-courses". These will be based on distributions, specific modules or practices. For example a mini-course on Commons, building content types, or even account configuration. We'll ensure there's a clear entry point for those who are new to Drupal, but there will always be something even experienced users can learn from.
The first mini-course is on Views!
- Sign up to Views Mini-Course, Part I: An Introduction to Views. May 1st. Views orientation: displays, attachments, formats and filters.
- Sign up to Views Mini-Course, Part II: Creating Flexible Views with Drupal 7. May 8th. How to create flexible lists of content with Views.
- Sign up to Views Mini-Course, Part III: How to back up your Views safely. May 15th. How to create a module to back up your views- no prior experience with module development needed!
Why am I starting with Views? After Drupal 7 itself, Views is the second most popular download for Drupal. In fact, it's so popular and ubiquitous that it is now included in Drupal 8. At least that will ensure that Drupal adopters don't miss this amazing tool.
What is surprising is that I'm still seeing client sites where Views would be a perfect fit, and yet they somehow didn't find Views yet or they don't know how it works. I've seen Drupal sites where information is copied from one page to the next to inter-link content. Oh the agony! (As I write this, I'm worried some clients might read this and think I'm talking about them. Trust me, you're not the only one!)
There's no shortage of ways you can learn how Views works. So... how do new Drupal users keep on missing it? The Views UI has been greatly improved, but it still offers a dizzying array of options. There are over 300 contributed modules for Drupal 7 which integrate with Views. *phew*. I think people are missing a really truly basic introduction to convince them that it's something they want to use - and that it's something they can master easily.
In the 3 part mini-course I'll give you everything you need to know to get started and point you in the right direction to some great resources. Please sign up!
Prerequisite: Introduction to Drupal - a free course offer for newsletter subscribers!
Sign up to our Acquia Training newsletter, and next Tuesday, I'll be sending out a free link to our Introduction to Drupal course on Udemy for all subscribers. This 3 hour self-paced course will get you up to speed with Drupal.
Learn site building and more about Views
- Sign up to one of our Site building courses offered all over the gloab: US, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Canada, Germany, Norway, you get the idea!
- Learn to master Views with our partner, Evolving Web at DrupalCon Portland.