BADcamp 2013 - What to expect?
by Sahana Anantha ...
We’re ready to Rock! BADcamp 2013 Preview!
We’re 3 days away from BADcamp 2013 and we could not be more excited. What is BADcamp? BADcamp stands for the Bay Area Drupal camp - an annual event that happens in Berkeley California where local Drupalists get together over four days of summits, sprints, trainings, sessions, BOFs, networking, parties and more.
I’m particularly excited about this year’s BADcamp because we’re making a big splash. The incredible bunch of Drupalists and engineers we have at Acquia never ceases to amaze me. Passion for Drupal, Open Source and the community rides high in Acquia and we are bringing all that and more to BADcamp. We are focused on sharing our best practices, our knowledge of Drupal, as well as bringing everyone together over a beer or two.
Here are some ways you can get your nerd on at BADcamp with us:
1. Get your Drupal On with a host of educational sessions.
- Who doesn’t love the webchick, Angie Byron? Join her to learn more what’s coming in Drupal 8 and how to upgrade a module on D8 along with the amazing Alex Bronstein and Jess Myrbo.
- Ever wondered about the power of Continuous Integration and how it can help you with your Drupal development? Catch the incredible Barry Jaspan and a bunch of us (including me) run a HANDS-ON lab that can help you get up and going with Continuous Integration and version control best practices in your day-to-day Drupal development.
- Learn from our in-house genius Mark Sakurada about using Apache Solr to power content sharing curation and as an NoSQL Content store at Autodesk.
- How about a session by one of my favorite Drupalistas, Jeannie Finks? “Come Hike a Community Summit: Put a Stake in it.”
- Interested in Drupal design and UX? Well, we have that too. Meet the design guru, Kevin O’Leary for some upfront design knowledge at his sessions and BoF.
- Halloween is coming. Want to get rid of web horror experiences that you face because of an insecure site? Well, hang on tight, because we have Ben Jeavons to the rescue. Learn how to avoid Drupal security loopholes from the genius himself.
2. Play in our sandbox with Acquia Cloud Free.
Seriously. We’ll have sunglasses, some beach balls, and maybe a shovel or two. Acquia Cloud Free - a completely free Drupal Sandbox is a developer’s playground. Come by the Acquia table and discover all that it has to offer. It comes with a suite of dev tools, all for free.
3. Join our amazing team.
Drupal development, nerf wars, paint ball and ping-pong tournaments, best team of engineers and Drupalists from around the world. Is there anything else one would expect from a work place? Look us up at BADcamp because We’re making a significant hiring effort there. Go ahead and check here if one of the open requirements is interesting to you. Bree & Jamieson will be on site and happy to chat with you.
4. All Things Drupal 8.
Wanna talk Drupal 8? We have just the right things for you. From amazing sessions and Bofs (listed above) to useful educational resources, get yourself equipped with the latest and the greatest in the world of Drupal 8. Come by and meet us at the Acquia table.
5. Kick off BADcamp with a Beer!
We're inviting you and your friends to join us for a beer and quality conversations about all things Drupal. Our very own, Mariano Crivello will be playing some great music for us to enjoy as well!
When: Friday, October 25, 9:00pm
Where: Revival, Downtown Berkeley
RSVP: Let us know you're coming!
We’ll also be exhibiting at the DevOps summit on Sunday, apart from the table in the exhibit hall, where you can find me talkin’ shop about what we do. Stop by anytime to chat with one of our Drupal geniuses, and let us know how we can help you succeed with Drupal (or just stop by to chat - we’ll love that too). We’ll have lot’s of swag & we will also be raffling off a Raspberry Pi each day.
See you in Berkeley!