Acquia Triples Customer Base in 2010
Incredible customer success attributed to Acquia’s full enterprise offerings of Drupal support and cloud services
Woburn, MA - November 1, 2010 – Acquia, the company accelerating the adoption of open source social publishing, announces explosive customer and partner growth. Fueled by a passion for innovation, new product offerings and outstanding customer service, Acquia is poised for steady growth in 2011. Acquia’s comprehensive Drupal offerings are designed to help companies build killer web experiences.
Explosive Customer and Partner Growth
- In excess of 550 customers. Acquia helps companies like The Economist, Intuit and Thomson Reuters, build, deploy and operate world-class websites, social communities and intranets.
- Added 15 new government agencies. Top agencies include: the Department of Education, the Department of Homeland Security and the New York State Senate.
- More than 220 active partners. By bringing together the best talent available and creating opportunities to grow their businesses, Acquia is building a global partner ecosystem to help organizations create great web experiences.
New Product Momentum
- Over 25,000 Drupal Gardens sites built this year. Acquia’s SaaS based Drupal Gardens is the perfect tool for designers, developers and end users to rapidly build captivating websites. Magnificent designs have been created with Drupal Gardens, as highlighted by the recent Drupal Gardens design contest winner - Ipswich Ale Brewery.
- Launched several Drupal Commons deployments. Drupal Commons is community-powered innovation in action - a pre-packaged, ready-to-use solution for building internal and external communities. Drupal Commons is built using best practices and lessons learned from the thousands of bespoke community sites in use by forward thinking enterprises, government agencies and top brands.
- Added nearly 100 new customers to Acquia Hosting. Acquia’s managed Drupal cloud services and support leverage the flexibility of the cloud to provide one stop shopping for companies that require flexibility, scalability and end-to-end 24x7 support. Customers include Red Hat, Nvidia, Clarity Media Group and Tufts University.
- Drupal Gardens continues to advance rapidly. New features include drag and drop image galleries, bulk image upload, video galleries with HTML5 and Flash support, one-click site duplication and built-in search engine optimization tools.
- Availability of Acquia Hosting in Europe. Acquia Hosting now includes a wealth of new functionality including memcache support and enhanced database publishing to improve performance and simplify development workflow.
- Acquia contributed to Drupal 7 development. The collective effort of hundreds of Drupal community contributors has pushed Drupal 7 to a critical milestone with two beta releases in recent weeks. Acquia is proud to contribute to this effort with 30% of their R&D team working directly on Drupal 7; helping to ensure Drupal stays at the forefront of social publishing.
- Acquia launched Drupal Myths. Drupal Myths is a site dedicated to setting the record straight on the countless benefits of Drupal, dispelling many of the fallacies that continue to be spread by less innovative proprietary vendors.
Acquia Events: Drupal Business Summit
- Join the social publishing revolution. Top brands will share their secrets to success and how they have put Drupal to work for their business. Visit http://revolution2010.acquia.com to register or to learn more about these events.
Acquia helps organizations of all sizes build social publishing websites quickly, easily and with a lower total cost of ownership by leveraging Drupal, the open source social publishing platform that blends content and community. Our products, services and support enable companies to leverage the power, technical innovation and economic value of Drupal while simplifying the experience, removing the complexity and minimizing the risk. Please visit: http://acquia.com.