Add new comment
Build a Responsive Website with Drupal [May 9, 2012]
Want to learn more about Acquia's products, services, and happenings in the Drupal Community? Visit our site: http://bit.ly/yLaHO5.
Everyone is going mobile these days and Drupal is no exception. There are lots of techniques for building mobile-friendly websites with Drupal from full-blown mobile applications to using a mobile-specific theme. Responsive design is a simpler way of designing for mobile. The goal of responsive design is to design a site so that the layout adapts to the width of the user's screen, making websites usable on all kinds of devices from mobile phones to large monitors.
This webinar will discuss how you can apply responsive design techniques to a Drupal website and will include the following topics:
• Steps to building a responsive Drupal 7 theme
• Challenges when designing a responsive layout
• Drupal elements that are particularly challenging to adapt
• CSS techniques for responsive design
• Responsive Drupal base themes