Acquia at BAD Camp 2012 – see you there!
by Jeffrey A. McGuire
I am pleased to be able to announce that Acquia is a core sponsor of this year's Bay Area Drupal Camp. We've been part of BAD Camp and sponsored before, but it's a privilege to be part of making Drupal's largest and best free, annual event a reality again this year. And we're so excited about everything going on: hiring, sessions, summits, and more! Old friends and new, stop by our table and say hi.
Stop by with a resume or your personal pitch if you'd like to be part of the number one software vendor on the 2012 Inc. 500, the company Forbes considers one of the top 100 most promising companies in America, a Business Insider "enterprise startup to bet your career on", or the number one open source company on the Momentum Index. We're hiring in Brisbane Australia, Washington D.C., Amsterdam Netherlands, Oxford UK, Burlington Massachusetts, Portland Oregon, New York City, and maybe where you live, too! For an idea of what we're looking for, visit acquia.com/careers.
Acquia has a bunch of folks coming out for BAD Camp and each of us has our own special mix of activities at the event. We'll all be there to spend time with Drupal friends and colleagues; get inspired, pass on what we've learned in the last months; and have a good time while making the Drupal project better.
I've tried to pull together as many of the "official" sessions and such we've got on our dance cards as possible, but this is only a partial list of the Acquians who'll be in attendance and a fraction of what they'll be up to.
- Angela Byron -
- Barry Jaspan - Content Staging for Drupal. That Actually Works. Finally!
- Ben Jeavons - Think Like a Hacker: Secure Drupal Code
- Cash Williams - Think Like a Hacker: Secure Drupal Code
- Chris Strahl - Introduction to Project Portfolio Management
- Dharmesh Mistry - Add Usability Testing to Your Skill Set!
- Dries Buytaert - Keynote
- Ezra Gildesgame -
- Gábor Hojtsy -
- Jeffrey A. “jam” McGuire - The Real Value of Open Source: Roi and Beyond
- Lisa Rex - Add Usability Testing to Your Skill Set!
- Mark Sonnabaum - The Drush Ecosystem
- Michael Myers - Large Scale Drupal - How Organisations Succeed With Open Source
- Moshe Weitzman - The Drush Ecosystem
- Preston So - Frontiers of Css: Its Past, Present, and Future (in Drupal)
- Théodore Biadala - Measuring Front-End Performance
Other friendly Acquia faces you might run into include: Alex Bronstein, Alex Jarvis, Andrea Rosmarin, Andy Laken, Gord Christmas, Jeannie Finks, Jeff Beeman, Kevin O’Leary, Kieran Lal, Matt McGee, Michael Walsh, Richard Wright, Summer Swigart, and Todd Barnett.
See you there!