Future of Open Source 2009 Survey results
by Bryan House
The results of North Bridge Venture Partners 2009 Future of Open Source survey were released today at the Infoworld Open Source Business Conference. Michael Skok led a panel discussion on the topic with Dries Buytaert from Acquia, Ron Hovsepian from Novell, John Lilly from Mozilla, Martin Mickos from Sun, and John Roberts from SugarCRM.
The survey was developed in collaboration with Acquia, Black Duck, EnterpriseDB, Jaspersoft, Microsoft, Mozilla, Novell, Olliance Group, Red Hat, rPath, Sonatype, Sun Microsystems, SugarCRM, and The 451 Group.
Additional coverage on the future of open source topic:
- Sun Microsystems CEO Jonathan Schwartz on What's Next for Open Source
- Dries Buytaert on the Future of Open Source
- Brian Gentile, CEO of Jaspersoft, on Consumerization of Information
- rPath CTO and Founder Erik Troan on the Future of Open Source
- Martin Schneider, of SugarCRM, On the Open Cloud
- Justin Steinman, Novell VP, On Open Source and Mass Customization
Where do you think open source is heading? What impact do you think the economy will have on use of open source software? What barriers do you see to open source adoption?