Building the Coolest Three-Minute Drupal Demo
Acquia is starting to build Drupal demos and we’d like the community’s input on today's coolest Drupal capabilities to highlight. These demos will be targeted at people who have never heard about Drupal or maybe think it is "a blogging CMS." Right now we're focusing on building a very short demo in the 2-4 minute range that will be based around a story of a company wanting to create social buzz for the community of people who might use its products. We're looking for maximum impact in minimum time.
So, what are the hottest, most exciting things Drupal can to today based entirely on core+contrib features? Functionality we know we want to highlight includes:
* traditional content publishing, user-generated content
* social network with buddy lists / friends
* organic groups + blogging
* mashups: maps, feeds, other data sources
* slick display of all of the above with all kinds of dynamic update goodness
We’d like to hear from you. What’s the latest cutting-edge stuff you’re doing? What will make a two- to four-minute demo of Drupal blow the walls off the room?