Acquia U week one highlights
by Jacob Singh
The group had a really busy week. Everyone from the Services department was on hands at Acquia - So they got a chance to meet with Dries, Peter Guagenti (VP Services) as well as Bryan house (VP Marketing) and many others.
In addition, as the group was cramming to get their work done, we got iced by the PS team.
With all that extra-curricular activity, they were crammed to get their assignment in. The assignment was simple:
- Build a Drupal Gardens site as a portfolio of your work.
- Interview 5 Acquians (selected at random).
- Publish their interviews / photos on your site.
- Build a view with list and tabular displays that can filter by department.
- Make a block which showed a random Acquian.
The results where absolutely impressive. A few of these people (including Andrew - the first one below) were using Drupal for the first time! The group has since moved on, their portfolios have been moved to Acquia hosting.
Here's a few screenshots and links - check it out and get to know some Acquians and how the Ubies did on their first assignments.
Please show the Ubies some love and comment on their blogs / follow them on twitter.