5 Things I'm Looking Forward to at DrupalCon Portland
by Tom Wentworth
Hello from Portland!
Today is the start of my first DrupalCon. Acquia is a Diamond sponsor, and we've got a huge presence at the show.
1) Dries' keynote. I've watched his keynotes in previous years before joining Acquia. Dries just a great job educating, entertaining, and inspiring the Drupal community. I love his dry sense of humor, which I trust will be on full display tomorrow.
2) Expanded launch of Acquia Free Tier. At DrupalCon, we'll be opening up access to the new Acquia Cloud Free Tier. It comes with designated development and staging enviroments and tools such as Acquia Insight, Acquia Search and Mollom, all for FREE. Stop by the Acquia booth (you won't miss it, trust me!) to pick up a special invitation code.
3) Meeting new people, and drinking beer with them. DrupalCon is massive. I've heard that there are over 3,500 people here. Everyone knows that the best conversations happen between 10pm and 1am. Portland is known for beer. I am known for my affinity for beer. We are a match made in heaven!
4) Learning more about Drupal. I've been in the Web CMS business for well over a decade, but I'm still coming up-to-speed on Drupal. I'm going to try and sit in as many sessions as possible, take great notes, and hear from all the Drupal developers and users. I'll try and blog my learnings at the end of each day.
5) Meeting more Acquia partners. Today is Acquia's Partner Day, where Acquia executives will be presenting Acquia's vision and roadmap. We've got over 100 partners signed up for the event. Partners are critical to our success, and I look forward to meeting more of you. Plus, we'll be announcing the Partner Site of the Year award winners. I was lucky enough to be involved in the judging, and we've got some winners to announce! Partners will hear about the winners today, the rest of you will have to wait until tomorrow when we issue a press release.
Have a great DrupalCon, and if you see me out at a bar during my "office hours", the beer is on me!