Acquia Goes All Out at DrupalCon [March 16, 2012]
DRUPALCON DENVER, CO - March 16, 2012 - Acquia, the enterprise guide to Drupal, is a Diamond sponsor at DrupalCon, the official and largest international gathering of Drupal developers and users, which will be held at the Colorado Convention Center, March 19-23, 2012.
Drupal has seen tremendous growth since Drupal creator, Acquia co-founder and DrupalCon keynote speaker Dries Buytaert open-sourced the project in 2001. It now powers more than a million websites and its community numbers more than 775,000 developers and users in 228 countries.
Members of Acquia's engineering, professional services, support and marketing teams will participate in nearly two dozen sessions, highlighting customer examples and providing instructional sessions for attendees. In addition, Acquia is hosting a lunch meeting of Higher Ed Drupal users on Wednesday, March 21 from 12 pm - 1 pm CST. Attendees from leading Higher Ed institutions, including the University of Iowa, Bentley University, UCLA, University of North British Columbia, and the University of Waterloo, will share their Drupal knowledge and experience.
Acquia's sessions at Drupal range from customer panels to advanced technical sessions, a few of which are listed below:
- Enterprise Drupal Gardens, OpenSaaS Site Factory - A panel discussion about Enterprise Drupal Gardens, focusing on how a number of leading organizations are using the OpenSaaS platform to create and manage hundreds of websites
- From the Front Lines: Victories and Battle Wounds from Building Global Developer Communities - eBay, LinkedIn and Intel recount their experiences building their developer communities on proprietary or DIY technologies and why they decided to move to the Drupal platform
- Competing with Giants: How to Win with Drupal vs Proprietary Alternatives - Drupal has become a serious player in the enterprise market where the technical selection process is intensive and industry analysts and peers influence decision-making. Bryan House from Acquia shares his experiences discussing Drupal with the analyst community and with senior executives, and lessons learned during the technical selection process.
- Migration: Smoothing the Move - A technical session on how to migrate content into Drupal from external content and data systems. This session will cover where content migration fits alongside the building of a new Drupal site, how to make sure nothing gets lost on the way, and making the final launch as smooth as possible
- Thinking Big: Assembling a Drupal Web Experience Management Powerhouse - This session digs into Drupal projects that need a best-of-breed Web Experience Management solution, including: GUI-based page layout tools for content creators, efficient workflows, content reusability and analytics, and multi-channel content delivery
For a full list of Acquia's sessions and schedules, please go to http://www.acquia.com/resources/events/drupalcon-denver . And for the scoop on Acquia announcements, events and contests at DrupalCon, visit Acquia at Booth #221.
About Acquia(TM), the enterprise guide to Drupal
Acquia empowers enterprises with the open-source social publishing system Drupal. Co-founded by Drupal's creator in 2007, Acquia helps customers manage their growth and scale their online properties with confidence. Acquia's products, cloud infrastructure, and support enable companies to realize the full power of Drupal while minimizing risk, as it has done for nearly 2,000 enterprise customers including Twitter, Al Jazeera, Turner, Intuit, World Economic Forum, Stanford University, Mercedes-Benz and NPR. See who's using Drupal at http://www.drupalshowcase.com , and for more information please visit www.acquia.com or call 888-9-ACQUIA.