Acquia Announces Phenomenal Growth in 2010
Year-end results propel the company to new heights
Woburn, MA – January 11, 2011 – Acquia, the enterprise guide to Drupal, today announced phenomenal growth in 2010, more than doubling the number of employees and achieving 5X revenue growth year over year. Leveraging the innovation and cost savings potential of open source Drupal, Acquia’s comprehensive Drupal support and cloud services are helping companies build extraordinary web experiences.
“We are thrilled with our remarkable growth. 2010 has been a banner year as we have aggressively expanded our team and our product lines,” said Tom Erickson, CEO Acquia. “As we continue to grow, our focus remains on our customers and partners, ensuring world-class service for their Drupal initiatives.”
- In response to increasing customer demand, Acquia hired aggressively in 2010, growing the number of employees from 43 to 90. The company continues to add new employees across all departments.
- Acquia continues to experience exceptional customer growth, doubling the number of customers to 660.
- Acquia’s Drupal Gardens continues to bloom with over 30,000 sites created on its OpenSaaS platform. Drupal Gardens is the fastest way to get a site up and running on the recently released Drupal 7. One notable new feature is the integration of native webforms for online surveys, a powerful combination only available with Drupal Gardens.
- Acquia’s Drupal Commons boasts over 10,000 downloads and is being deployed for a wide range of internal and external communities, from commercial organizations, to government agencies, to non-profits and more. Drupal is the leading community platform on the web and building community sites has never been easier with the packaged Drupal Commons solution.
- Acquia Hosting is gaining incredible momentum; more than 120 organizations are taking advantage of Acquia’s managed Drupal cloud services platform to operate their high traffic web properties.
- Drupal adoption has never been higher - enterprises have embraced the technology and are realizing the value of consolidation to a single web platform. The release of Drupal 7 on January 5, 2011 is a testament to the true power of innovation a community provides. Drupal has one of the largest open source developer communities, enabling organizations to deploy innovative web applications faster than proprietary alternatives.
“Drupal is gaining momentum across enterprises and growing by leaps and bounds; the release of Drupal 7 represents a major leap forward in terms of usability, performance and capability,” said Dries Buytaert, CTO and Co-founder, Acquia. “Buckle-up, Drupal 7 is here and shaking up the web publishing world.”
Acquia helps organizations of all sizes build social publishing websites quickly, easily and with a lower total cost of ownership by leveraging Drupal, the open source social publishing platform that blends content and community. Our products, services and support enable companies to leverage the power, technical innovation and economic value of Drupal while simplifying the experience, removing the complexity and minimizing the risk. Please visit: http://acquia.com.